Sunday, October 29, 2006

A glimpse of who she really is.

Last night I was going through all of my photos from October to organize them and to burn them to a CD...man that's so time consuming. Anyway, as I was going through and looking at them more closely I came upon this photo. I had taken it really without thinking, I was just trying to get my metering right for backlighting so it's actually underexposed pretty bad to the point that I looked over it the first time. I knew it couldn't be saved. But something caught me and made me take a second look. Her position, her look is just so Tess. It's the quiet side that I only see sometimes. To me it's a beautiful vision of who she really is.

So PS to my rescue. I tried to see what I could do to make this photo live. This is what I came up with. I love how soft it is. How grainy. It's exactly how I feel about her the way I captured her. To me it's perfect in it's imperfections.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracey Kendall said...

i think it is an aamzing shot. Soft just the way she looks right now. TFS!

~T

October 30, 2006 4:02 AM  
Blogger Julie C Butler said...

I love this photo - it's very natural!

October 31, 2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Kari said...

This is beautiful. You captured real emotion here. This is what photography is meant for. It really tugs at your heart. Great work!

November 09, 2006 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home